Sewell Appliance Hosts Chef David Rose For Good Morning America’s 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Special
Earlier this month, Sewell Appliance happily hosted Chef David Rose in its Monogram showroom to promote his magnificent Cinnamon Eggnog Heath Crunch Cookies for Good Morning America’s 12 Days of Christmas Cookies special.
Chef David Rose was born and raised in New Jersey, surrounded by chef parents who sparked his interest for exquisite and diverse cuisine. After graduating from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary College, Chef Rose moved to Atlanta and has developed a more southern cooking style as he took inspiration from his surroundings. Since then, he has appeared on the Food Network, befitted Omaha Steaks Executive Chef/ Spokesperson and serves as a national brand ambassador for Nissan USA and Big Green Egg.
Known for his signature bold flavors and the occasional flair from his family’s Jamaican recipes, Good Morning America invited Chef Rose onto their special Christmas minisode, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, for Day 8: “Eight Maids-A-Milking.”
The “Eight Maids-A-Milking” episode with David Rose was filmed in the Monogram display at the Sewell Appliance showroom located just north of Atlanta in Sandy Springs, GA. Using the best countertops in Atlanta, alongside GE Monogram’s high-quality kitchen appliances, Chef Rose worked up a tasty cinnamon eggnog Heath crunch cookie, which is the perfect sweet treat to add to any holiday table spread!
Watch the minisode below!
Get the Recipe!
2 ¼ cups all-purpose four
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t kosher salt
1 1/4cups granulated white sugar
6 oz salted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup eggnog
1 t molasses
3 oz coarsely chopped Heath candy bar
2 large egg yolks
**Garnish/optional colorful sprinkles
Eggnog glaze ingredients:
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
6 T eggnog
1 T water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift and whisk all dry ingredients together.
- In a large separate e bowl, use an electric mixer to combine and cream the sugar, molasses and butter together.
- Slowly add the eggnog and egg yolks to the butter/sugar mixture, then slowly add the dry ingredients; beat at low speed just until blended and smooth.
- Fold chopped Heath candy into cookie batter with a spatula. Drop about a tablespoon each per cookie, onto an ungreased baking sheet; about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookie bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Once cooled *optional* glaze with eggnog glaze, and garnish with colorful sprinkles.
Eggnog glaze directions:
- Sift confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon together.
- Gradually whisk in eggnog and water until smooth glaze consistency.
- Use to glaze top of cookies; *optional* then garnish with colored sprinkles.
Recipe reprinted with permission from chef David Rose.
Your Trusted Atlanta Appliance Showroom
Looking to upgrade the appliances in your home in 2021? Come visit Sewell Appliance, Atlanta’s award-winning showroom for “Best Appliance Store in 2020.” Sewell has everything you need from cooktops and grills, to refrigerators, dishwashers, laundry machines, and more. Our Sandy Springs showroom is equipped with the latest products and features new and improved technology that will make your life easier.
To learn more about Chef David Rose, you can visit chefdavidrose.com. For information on the best home product stores in Atlanta, visit constructionresourcesusa.com or check out sewellappliance.com for all of your kitchen appliance needs.